Xổ số điểmThe Office of Human Resources strives to create and cultivate a campus community where William & Mary is recognized as both a great university and a great place to work, and that begins with the recruitment process. How we recruit and whom we hire directly influences how we are perceived, not only as a university, but also as an employer.
The Hiring Guide section of the website provides an overview of the process. The Recruitment ToolkitXổ số điểm is a step-by-step document which guides you through the recruitment and selection process, with links to the relevant sections of the Hiring Guide. Human Resources is available to assist you and answer your questions each step of the way.
As of November 18, 2019, in order to ensure that W&M’s workforce, including VIMS, is strategically aligned with the priorities and initiatives generated by the university’s strategic planning efforts, all requests to create new positions or to fill vacant positions must be approved by the appropriate executive prior to being submitted in PeopleAdmin.
- New staff positions must be endorsed by the senior executive in the reporting line and then submitted for approval by the Administrative Budget Group (ABG). The ABG consists of the Provost and the Senior Vice President of Finance & Administration. An email indicating ABG approval must be uploaded to PeopleAdmin with the proposed position description.
- Re-filling of vacant staff positions must be approved in advance by the senior executive in the reporting line to ensure certain criteria are met. If a position will have a Level 2 signature from one of the senior executives below, the PeopleAdmin approval will be a quick confirmation of what they have already reviewed. If a position will not have a Level 2 signature from one of the senior executives below, a document indicating their approval should be uploaded with the action when it is submitted.
- The senior executives are listed below:
- Peggy Agouris, Provost
- Ginger Ambler, Vice President for Student Affairs
- Henry Broaddus, Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Public Affairs
- Jeremy Martin, Interim Athletics Director
- Sam Jones, Senior Vice President of Finance & Administration
- Amy Sebring, Vice President for Finance & Technology
- Matthew Lambert, Vice President for University Advancement
- Faculty positions will be evaluated by the deans, in consultation with and approval by the Provost.
Note: At this time backfills of hourly positions are exempt from this approval process and can be submitted directly in PeopleAdmin.
With the exception of students, the recruitment and selection of employees requires hiring officials to begin the process with an approved position description in PeopleAdmin, the online position management and recruitment site. To access PeopleAdmin, click . If you are unfamiliar with PeopleAdmin, the Navigation and Searches Guide (pdf) provides guidance for user account creation and basic navigation.
For additional information specific to hiring faculty, out of state or student hourly workers, select one of the links below: